Follow South Bay Honda team member and YouTube star Stan as he offers up his great 2018 Honda CR-V review. In this brief walk-around video, Stan goes over the new safety and convenience features found in the completely redesigned 2018 Honda CR-V EX, including:
ACE Body Structure
In the event of a frontal collision, Honda’s exclusive ACE body structure (short for advanced compatibility engineering) enhances passenger protection and crash compatibility. It works by evenly distributing energy generated from the collision throughout the vehicle and away from the passenger compartment. This even distribution of energy keeps you safe, lessens the damage to the other impacted vehicle, and create a safer driving experience for everyone on the road.
Height, it’s a surprising feature but one many CR-V drivers rave about. Honda hit a sweet spot with the height of the 2018 Honda CR-V — it’s easy to step into and easy to step out, there’s no hopping in and no climbing out. Just slide in and slide out.
HondaSensing Driver-Assistive Technology
The 2018 Honda CR-V EX is equipped with a range of passive and active safety systems that work to prevent collisions before they happen. HondaSensing features available on this model CR-V, include:
- Blind Spot Monitoring, featured on the driver and passenger side view mirrors, alerts you to vehicles in your blind spot to let you know when it’s safe to change lanes or make a turn.
- Lane Keeping Assist brings you back to the middle of your lane if you start to drift. A great feature for long drives.
- Adaptive Cruise Control maintains a safe, set speed between your vehicle and the vehicle ahead.
- Forward Collision Warning is a pre-crash system that uses cameras and radar to detect and alert you to potential crashes.
- Cross Traffic Monitoring alerts you to vehicles behind your CR-V so you can safely and easily back into a tight parking space or onto a busy street.
Honda Brake Hold
When activated, Honda Brake Hold automatically holds the brake for you after you’ve come to a complete stop, which means you can take your foot off the brake pedal without fear of your CR-V rolling forward or backward. It’s a great convenience feature for anyone who does a lot of city driving or gets caught in a lot of stop and go traffic. When you’re ready to go, just touch the accelerator and drive like normal.
Easy to Access Cargo Space
The 2018’s CR-V lightweight tailgate and low load lip make for easy cargo loading and unloading, just one touch and the tailgate goes up. And if you need more cargo space, just one touch and the rear seats drop down for additional space.
If you have any questions about the all-new Honda CR-V or would like to take one out for a test drive, then stop by our South Bay Honda dealership located in sunny Milpitas – proudly serving Honda owners in the East Bay area and beyond.