First thing’s first, let’s get the big one out of the way: the 2019 Honda Pilot, Honda’s 8-seater SUV, now comes with standard Honda Sensing…across all trim levels. So rejoice, celebrate, and enjoy your safe driving future!
Honda Sensing, Honda’s intelligent suite of advanced driver-assistive and safety technology, includes…
- Collision Mitigation Braking System
- Forward Collision Warning
- Road Departure Mitigation
- Lane Departure Warning
- Lane Keeping Assist
- Adaptive Cruise Control
And those safety features are just the Honda Sensing features. Additional active features across 2019 Honda Pilot trim levels include…
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control
- Advanced 4-Channel ABS
- Electronic Brake Distribution
- Brake Assist
- Multi-angle rearview camera
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)9 with Tire Fill Assist and Location and Pressure Indicators
- LED Daytime Running Lights
And those are just the active features! There are passive safety features too, including Honda’s ACE body structure, which distributes collision energy evenly throughout the vehicle and redirects it away from the passenger compartment
But enough safety talk. If you buy a Honda you’ve already made a safe decision. Hondas are known for their safety and longterm reliability, so let’s go over what’s new and exciting, the good looks and great features, the bells and whistles if you will.
Here’s what the 2019 Honda Pilot has to offer that sets it apart from other SUVs on the market and prior model years.
Hello, Good Lookin!
If you’re hearing whistles, that’s because the 2019 Honda Pilot is an attractive SUV that’s full of head turning attitude. Refreshed inside and out, the 2019 Honda Pilot sports an aggressive front fascia and a new front grille that offers up a bold interpretation of the Honda “flying wing”. Around a back, the Pilot’s rear includes a redesigned bumper with chrome accents, cool amber turn signals, and LED backup lights.
Other new features include…
- available LED foglight
- thinner turn signals
- power folding mirrors with automatic dimming on Pilot Elite trim
- 18-inch wheels on LX, EX and EX-L, and new 20-inch design on Touring and Elite trims
- available hands-free power tailgate on Touring and Elite trims
Smart Tech! Get Your Smart Tech!
Make your millennial friends and family members happy — hey, make yourself happy — with the 2019 Honda Pilot’s available new and improved Display Audio touchscreen system with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ integration, and a volume knob for ease of use.
The new Display Audio is super intuitive as it mirrors the gestures common to smartphones and tablets (eg., swipe, tap, and pinch) and is now equipped with customizable shortcuts and simplified menus. Plus, its set up to make use of a bunch of cool available features such as Social Playlist and CabinTalk™.
Additional tech upgrades to look for include…
- available with a 4G LTE-based Wi-Fi hotspot
- new instrument cluster with a 7-inch Thin Film Transistor that displays vehicle speed and RPM, as well as driver-selectable customizable features, including:
- audio system information
- detailed trip computer
- phone information
- turn-by-turn route guidance, when equipped with navigation
- Touring and Elite models include fully integrated Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System
- wireless smartphone charging comes standard on Elite models and is available as a dealer-installed accessory on EX, EX-L and Touring trims
- a state-of-the-art Rear Entertainment System (RES) featured on EX-L Navi/RES and above trims, includes a High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) port for attaching high-definition players, digital TV devices such as Apple TV or Roku, compatible tablets and certain gaming consoles
Stop by our Milpitas Honda dealership for your 2019 Honda Pilot test drive. As part of the test drive, we’ll go over more of the Honda Pilot’s standard and available features, and all the options available to outfit your Honda just the way you like. Come for a test drive and get in on the fun!
See you in the showroom!